Possibly many parents hear the term autism for the first time in life only when they have taken their child for a medical examination.
Individuals with classical autism exhibit three types of symptoms:
Made to ‘run from pillar to post’, almost all of the parents find themselves confused and ill-informed about what is wrong and what could be done about AUTISM.
• Majority of them are impregnated with a NEGATIVE POINT OF VIEW that Autism is ‘Children living inside a bubble’ with a ‘hardwired brain’ which is difficult or impossible to treat.
Hence we at DOAST thought it is our primary responsibility to explain Autism in a better understandable format.
To make it easier to understand, we tell the parents to consider Autism as a HARDWARE/SOFTWARE incompatibility.
• In a neuro typically normal child the BRAIN [which is the HARDWARE] is able to receive and process various sensory inputs [which are the SOFTWARE] and convert it into meaningful behavior and cognition.
• In children with Autism, their brain [HARDWARE] is not capable of receiving and processing the sensory inputs [SOFTWARE] and processes it to useful output. This results in behavior/cognition and communication deficits.
THE REASON is the brain of individuals with autism is inflamed and the inflamed brain [the hardware] is unable to receive and process different sensory inputs [the software]
In other words the functional areas of the brain are DORMANT because of inflammation and if the inflammation is treated effectively they will be ACTIVATED into connectivity.
• Through the DOAST Integrated therapy we aim at reducing the inflammation of the brain so that it will receive the different sensory inputs and process it into useful activity.
• By this process we aim at ameliorating symptoms of autism so that these children become semi- independent adults at least by the age of 18.
• We have proven by our hands on experience that this is a novel and unique therapeutic approach to reduce the ‘What after me’ anxiety of the parents.